Ponderosa Cake

Ok, most of you Canadians have probably heared of or tried this. As some of you know, I ABHORE bananas, but really love this stuff. It is amazing.

*** I have been thoroughly reprimanded for not giving credit to my dear friend Shana for giving me this recipe. She told me for the longest time that I would love it and I mocked her severely for that. She was right. I love it. Will wonders never cease.***

Makes one 8" square cake. Double the recipe for a larger cake (9"x13").
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar (recipe calls for 1 cup)
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup mashed bananas (approx. 2 bananas)
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup chocolate chips
Cream butter and granulated sugar. Add egg, then vanilla and bananas. Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda. Add to banana mixture alternately with sour cream. Pour half of batter into greased 8" square pan. Mix cinnamon and brown sugar together. Sprinkle half on top of batter, then half of chocolate chips. Repeat layers. Bake at 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes or until cake tester in middle comes out clean.
I usually double the recipe and use an entire bag of chocolate chips. Sometimes I even layer it one extra time to make it really chocolatey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moussaka

Quick Delicious Homemade Cinnamon Rolls

Pulled pork sandwiches