Cheese Fondue

This is the greatest recipe in the world and I could eat a whole pot by myself! It is almost exactly like the cheddar fondue at Forever Fondue in La Jolla for those of you who are familiar with it. Give it a try and enjoy!!


3 c Cheddar cheese, shredded
1 c Swiss cheese, shredded
1/4 c All purpose flour
1 1/4 c Beer or dry white wine. I like to use beer.
3/4 ts Salt
Garlic to taste - you can also use garlic powder. I like ALOT
A few dashes of worcestershire and mustard powder
Crusty French bread cubes
Combine cheddar and Swiss cheeses in a bowl. (The original recipe calls for 2 cups of each cheese but I prefer more cheddar than swiss)
Sprinkle with flour; toss lightly to coat.
Heat wine, or beer, in a medium saucepan until
simmering but not boiling; reduce heat to maintain
temperature. Gradually add the cheese mixture, by
small handfuls, stirring constantly after each
addition until cheese melts (mixture will appear
curdled at first but smooths out as more of the cheese
mixture is added).
Stir in salt and garlic, worcestershire and mustard powder. Transfer to a fondue
pot and keep warm. Serve with bread cubes for dipping.
Makes about 2 3/4c

Comments

Miss Kelly said…
Thanks for the recipe - I'm gonna try it. I had a fondue night on New Year's Eve with Carly and Clay and we just did oil fondue with all types of meat and seafood. Originally we were planning on having two fondue pots going but we ended up with just the one. But before that I was looking for a good cheese on to try and now I have one. I'll definitely try it out soon!
Gingers Mom said…
It is amazing. You'll love it. I love fondue and could eat it every night. I should put the chocolate recipe on here too. Mmmmm....

Popular posts from this blog

Moussaka

Quick Delicious Homemade Cinnamon Rolls

Pulled pork sandwiches