Mom's Mustard wine sauce

So delicious on chicken, fish, or anything else! I don't know the exact measurements because we always do it by sight so here goes.

One cube of butter
About 1/4 -1/3 cup of white wine or cooking sherry
2 tbsp dijon mustard (I have done it with other types of mustard, but I find dijon the best)
garlic to taste
pepper if desired
Simmer for a while and then just before serving add a little milk or cream

When I made a leg of lamb I added dried mint flakes for a mint mustard sauce. It is so good. I can almost drink this one down.

Comments

Unknown said…
This sounds sooooo yummy. I'm going to definitely try this one!
Gingers Mom said…
It is great on grilled chicken and I often serve it with salmon. It makes things interesting. My mom has also done roasted red potates and poured this over them with some dried parsley. Really yummy. Nothing low fat about it, but that is probably why it is good.

Popular posts from this blog

Moussaka

Quick Delicious Homemade Cinnamon Rolls

Pulled pork sandwiches