Pineapple Salsa

This sounded horrible to me when I went to a Pampered Chef party when I first arrived in Hawaii. I had no idea how I would become obsessed with it! Yummers!!!

1 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored. You can buy a pineapple/apple corer from Pampered Chef which is expensive although I much much covet it....it is not necessary. You may also used canned pineapple, but if you have the chance to get a fresh one it is worth it.

1 small onion (red, maui, white...your choice)

1/2 cup or so cilantro. (Until recently I loathed cilantro and made this without it....turns out just great)

Garlic to taste...me I like TONS. 1 clove or 2 is standard

1 Cucumber peeled and seeded

1 tomato seeded and cored.

1 jalepeno stem removed

Juice of 1 lime. I like to add some lemon or lime zest as well.

Salt to taste

You can chop all these by hand or place in a food processor etc.

It makes a fun and different appetizer or snack.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moussaka

Quick Delicious Homemade Cinnamon Rolls

Pulled pork sandwiches