Sweet Tea

This is a little something I learned while I lived down in the south. I don't normally enjoy iced tea, but this is fabulous and so refreshing on a hot day.

Bring 3-4 cups of water to a boil. Add a pinch of baking soda to the water and add 3 family sized tea bags. Remove from heat and cover. Allow to sit for at least 10-15 minutes. Pour into gallon pitcher and add sugar. Then fill with cold water. Refrigerate. *the soda takes out the bitterness and darkens the tea....this small amount doesnt change the taste. Enjoy!!

I found this recipe at http://www.grits.com/tea.htm

Comments

cinnalily said…
I think I'm gonna try that! Thanks!
Chandrima said…
This would be great to make for my houseguest visiting from Atlanta but I'm not sure what a "family-sized" tea bag is? I have tons of tea flavors at home too - earl grey, chamomile, jasmine, lemon, etc. Which is traditional? Thanks.

Popular posts from this blog

Moussaka

Quick Delicious Homemade Cinnamon Rolls

Pulled pork sandwiches